Thursday, December 21, 2006

Reading Matter

Just a wee post about what I'm reading at the moment. :o)

As ever, I've got several things on the go:

Anne of Windy Willows by L M Montgomery - the fifth book in the Anne of Green gables series
Screw It Let's Do It by Richard Branson - a Quick Read book, just a bit of Branson's life philosophy
Julie & Julia by Julie Powell - biographical story of a woman who decides to cook every recipe in Julia Child's classic French cookery book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, in a year, in a tiddly kitchen in a New York apartment.

All very different but I'm enjoying all of them! I'm hoping to catch up on some reading over the festive season. ;o) I have several books waiting in the wings too, Unbeaten by Kim Woodburn (of How Clean is your House fame), Digging to America by Anne Tyler and The Weirdstone of Brisingamen by Alan Garner. What's everyone else reading and enjoying at the mo?

I've kept a record of the books I've read this year and my current running total is 24. Not very high but then again I only record fiction and biographies really so it doesn't take into account the non fiction stuff I get through too, but that's usually of the ilk that you don't read the entire book if you know what I mean!

Also currently drooling over Nigella Lawson's latest, Feast and Jamie Oliver's new one, Cook with Jamie. Yum scrum, give them a look if you're into cooking and/or food!

4 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

Really odd - I got a pressie of a notebook from someone recently and have decided to use it to record every book I read along with my thoughts on the book - first entry has been Tibor Fischer - don't read this book if you're stupid. His writing made me mentally dizzy

2:35 AM  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

LOL Probably not one for me then!

Maz x

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

ooh what a good idea, now I know what to use my Secret Santa journal gift for!

At the mo I am reading, The Water Babies - Charles Kingsley, Alexei Sayle's The Dog Catcher; Pema Chodron's The Places That Scare You (buddhist based self help type of thing I think- lent to me by member of therapy group) and finally Clarissa Pinkola Estés' Women Who Run With The Wolves.
:D

9:52 AM  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

I've heard of the Women Who Run With Wolves one, is it good?

Maz x

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home