Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mmmmmmmmm

I've been out for a Christmas meal this evening. ;o) I was supposed to be going with three other friends. Our children were all at primary school together and we still regularly get together to catch up on all the news. However, two of them had to drop out at the last minute leaving me and Miss E's best friend's mum. We decided it would be nice to take the girls with us as there was no way we were going to cancel a Christmas meal at the best restaurant in town! It was very enjoyable, we had alot of laughs and the food was as fabulous as ever. So, here's a little run down of my meal! I started with mushrooms (I adore mushrooms!) sauteed in a cream sauce in a (very light) pastry case. My main course was pumpkin and sage ravioli in a white white, cream and garlic sauce with some mushrooms and cheesiness on top. And I finished with creme brulee with a sweet waffle and honeycomb ice cream. *sigh* It was all totally scrumptious and completely worth every penny it cost me! Miss E had chicken caesar salad (this place does the best caesar salad I've ever had, I swear it's positively orgasmic although not for a 13 year old!), then she plumped for the traditional turkey dinner followed by cheese and biscuits. When we left the restaurant she said the best bits were all the laughs and the cheese and biscuits!

In a moment of clarity, I decided to hop off to the Devil's supermarket on the way home to get the last few bits of Christmas food shopping. There were very few people there and we whizzed round and collected our goodies and were in and out in no time! I can now officially state that I have FINISHED shopping for Christmas! Hoobloodyray! If I haven't got it now, we're not having it! There was one funny moment at the till when her ladyship asked me in her loudest voice "How much alcohol do you need?" causing the queue behind us a good laugh! I would like to point out that I only had two bottles of wine and some Barcardi Breezers so hardly a trolley full! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home