Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Day Concert

I forgot to mention the concert! It went off really well. ;o) Miss E played her violin with Grade 2 confidence and earned herself lots of grandparently admiration. Our carol duets on recorder were good and we had to play extras so everyone could sing along! The Master of the House played Edelweiss on his theremin and impressed everyone as none of them had seen him playing it before. My three piano solos were passable! My dad gave a really entertaining recitation of The Boy on the Train ("the cinnamon drop I was sookin, tumelt oot an' got stuck to ma troosers" been the line that always makes me laugh hysterically!!) followed by a Scottish song, the name of which eludes me. My mum read a great poem about Christmas and then a story about a lady writing to her true love as he sends her the presents listed in The Twelve Days of Christmas, very entertaining! Everyone has agreed that the Christmas Day Concert should definitely become a family tradition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home