Tuesday, May 22, 2007

First Refashion


Ok, so this is my first refashioning attempt, well, first finished refashioning attempt that is! This started life as a plain black T shirt with a blob of something (possibly acrylic paint) slap bang in the middle that wouldn't wash out. It's also a bit short for me so I figured if it went pear shaped it wouldn't be any great loss! So, using a bleach technqiue that I found here: http://cre.ations.net/creation/t-shirt-designs-created-with-stencils-and-bleach I put my T shirt on the driveway, laid a rather groovy sheet of brass waste that Mr S brought home from work over the top and squirted with bleach/water mixture. Hey presto! I then did a bit on the end of each sleeve too just for good measure! There's blobs from drips but for a first attempt I'm really pleased with it. ;o) I can see myself using this technqiue alot!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Ohme ohmy! I really love it! How groovy is that?

going to have to give that a try myself!

Hugs,
kari x

11:25 AM  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Thanks, Kari. ;o) It was great fun to do and super easy! I'll be searching charity shops for suitable stuff to alter. It's good with doilies apparently.

maz x

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

That has turned out really well - what a great idea. Looks very 60's - have you worn it yet?
Jill x

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home