Monday, January 08, 2007

Food Challenge Update

Just popped in for a little update on my food challenge. ;o) So, since 23rd Dec I have spent the grand total of £12.46 on food. This was all on milk barring one bag of potatoes. Oh, and a packet of Value Rich Tea for the kids to decorate on New Year's Eve! I guess that might seem a little high but I do buy organic milk which is more expensive, of course. Miss E was slightly alarmed yesterday to hear that crisps aren't on the list of essentials I'm buying! Shock, horror! But the up side is that she's agreed to try some different things in her lunch box in lieu. :o) I want to do some baking tonight so I'm thinking I might bake some cheese straws which she loves but I don't make too often. Might whack some muffins in the oven too. On Saturday I made what has affectionately become known as Barbie bread! LOL The Barbie element comes from grated raw beetroot. :o) I've tried it once before in my old breadmaker but this loaf was much nicer. It's just flecked with beetroot inside but the crusts are a seriously alarming pink! LOL We all like it, even Miss E who shuns vegetables of any type and description given the option!! I'm looking forward to hearing about the canteen chat at lunchtime from them both producing pink sarnies! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home