Thursday, February 22, 2007

Refashioning!

Hey ho, I have an hour to wait for the breadmaker to finish doing it's stuff before I can retire to my boudoir so here I am with a little refashion chat! So, I lurk about on this blog alot: http://www.nikkishell.typepad.com/wardroberefashion/. Despite the fact that I have very limited sewing skills (in fact, using the word "skills" is a bit high falutin'!) I so want to have a crack at this! I just love the ethos of recycling, reusing, repurposing, refashioning! I haven't taken the bonafide pledge on the blog (but when the next round starts I might do) but I'm going to have a go anyway. So, I've been mooching about the charity shops looking for likely candidates that I might be able to have a tinker about with. :oD Today I found a blokie T shirt that I have plans for! Yesterday I got a huge piece of fabric from the junk shop for £1.50, part of which I think I'm going to try and make a wrap skirt with. One of the considerations that has made me want to try this refashioning thing is the fact that now I'm shrinking in size my wardobe, such that it was, is shrinking too! I have very little that fits very well at the moment! I have several skirts that are too big but I hope I might be able to take them in sufficiently well to give them a bit more shelf life. I'm struggling with tops though, I have very few anyway and alot of what I do have all seem to have attracted paint/glue/gesso etc, not an attractive look! This afternoon I came upon two size 20 Next tops which I snapped up even though I wasn't sure a Next 20 was the same as a Maz 20! I've got some size 20 things that I've been able to wear this last week or so but I wasn't sure whether they were just big 20s or I'd really got to being a size 20! However, the tops both fit and I love them! I haven't been in a size 20 in a goodly while and so it was a very happy face smiling back at me in the mirror! Apart from what I've already mentioned, I also have a pair of jeans that I decided to turn into a skirt a while ago. I chopped them up but now I think they'll be too big anyway as they were a generous size 22! They may become something else now but quite what I'm not sure! Anyone out there a refashioner with lots of tips to share perchance??

2 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

Yay y'ole getting skinnier cow! Guess whose interview trousers were half way down her hips today?!!!!
Thinking about the answer to your wrap skirt question - will e mail you

11:56 AM  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Thanks. ;o) But more importantly how did the interview go??

Maz x

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home