Thursday, February 01, 2007

New Experiences

I had two new experiences yesterday. :o) The first one was a mooch about the Chinese Supermarket in Peterborough. I've long wanted to go in there but have always felt I'd be a bit out of place (daft, I know!) but bolstered by my friend, Becky's company, we ventured in. It was so interesting, so many new things to see and learn about, so many things I'd never heard of. We had a lovely time. :o) I bought some Nori strips which I rather like, they taste a bit like the sea! LOL We also got some underworld money to use for arty purposes. :o)

My new health regime made it difficult to find anything to eat for lunch but I plumped for some M & S sushi, something I'd never tried before, new experience no 2! I hadn't realised until fairly recently that sushi is NOT all about raw fish, I think lots of folk must labour under that impression. One of the rolls in my pack included tuna but it wasn't raw tuna, and the others were veggie. To my surprise, I really enjoyed them all! I think I'll even have a go at making it myself as I really think it's something I could incorporate successfully into my new way of eating.

Happy day! :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger emhowl said...

Nice to hear about your new experiences. DH and DD like M&S sushi, have you seen this link?
http://www.hub-uk.com/cooking/tipssushi.htm

9:51 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh, yes we have a brilliant Chinese supermarket here too and it is also full of Really Interesting Stuff!

I have always fancied trying to make my own sushi too, looks ever so pretty.

Kx

5:40 AM  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Thanks, Elizabeth, I've squirrelled that link away for reference. ;o)

Kari, I've got a library book about it now and can't wait to have a go, will let you know how I do!

Maz x

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home