Monday, January 15, 2007

Hmmmmm

Is it just me? Is it? Is it?? I think maybe it bloody well is! However, I'll put that aside for a moment and talk boring everyday stuff as a soothing balm - to me, if not to you. :o)

So, I'm on a baking bent courtesy of my current food challenge. Yesterday I baked little buns that I "iced" with chocolate (so I can't eat them!) and the current fave for Miss E and her dad, cheese and marmite whirls. At the same time I was cooking a Sunday roast so ran out of oven space for making biscuits so that's planned for this evening. I predict chocolate biscuits and something coconutty as I have a bag of coconut to use up! I also made a big vat of lentil and veg soup yesterday, in the slow cooker, and some cake for the birds. :oD

It's bus day today as Miss E has Latin and himself needs the car to pick her up. So, I get to work and hour early and have to stay an hour after I finish whilst waiting to be picked up. It's not all bad though as I get to post drivel to Blogger, read and draw while I'm waiting! :oD

Herewith ends this bout of boredom.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI FROM PORTUGAL
GREAT BLOG
VISIT ME ON MY BLOG TOO
BEST REGARDS

5:54 AM  
Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

Is it just you? Dunno - I thought it was me

4:46 AM  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Nah, I think it's the rest of the world, not me or you at all!! :oD

Maz x

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I had forgotten about this blog!

Yeah, it is just you hehheh.

Gotta ask, what is it about You are What you Eat that hacked you off in your last post. I must say, though, that woman can be pretty offensive and her "science" is a bit dodgy. (do you know she isn't a real doctor?)

And the Devil Supermarket? they are full of horrors, I know, but tellus about the latest.

I need to know these things!

Kari x

2:23 AM  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Hmm, well, it was the food wastage partly. She was throwing chocolate on the floor and stamping on crisps etc. I know she's making a point and I know the food is unhealthy but I still think there must be a more ethical way of demonstrating this than wasting perfectly edible food. Her attitude gets me as well, she's SO rude! A bit of supportive encouragement wouldn't go amiss!

The Devil's supermarket told me in a letter dated 11th December that they'd stock organic skimmed milk within 7 - 10 days but they still don't have it! And my other problem with them was that the only organic apples and pears they have in the store are both from the USA. Hmmph!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I agree about McKeith - ott.

Of course, to be true to organic and green and frugal it is best to buy food only when it is in season and locally. So eat pears in autumn/can them/freeze them to keep them, apples can be stored, wrapped in paper in a dark, cool place for several months. We used to do this with locally grown Cox's when I was a kid. They were a bit wrinkly at the end of the storage period, but were OK after they were peeled. Peelings went on the compost, of course!

Hugs,
Kari x

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home